MPS Society Membership
National MPS Society membership is free to all those affected by MPS and ML, their families and their friends. Corporate memberships are available at a cost for businesses and organizations.
Become a Member
Your membership brings us another step closer to achieving our goal of ultimately curing MPS and ML. Together we work to provide support and information to families affected with MPS and ML; to increase public and professional awareness of MPS and ML; and most importantly – to further the vital research that adds quality to all our lives.
- New member welcome package, including educational materials and resource guides
- Home visits with Family Support Lead Coreen Gray
- Access to publications and educational materials, including bi-monthly electronic Courage newsletter
- Access to online membership directory
- Access to Courage Pages – Personalized awareness and/or fundraising webpage
- Eligibility for financial assistance grants and scholarships, such as: family assistance program for durable medical goods; conference travel scholarships; continuing education scholarships; medical travel assistance program; Extraordinary Experience program; journey assistance and regional social gathering funding
- Complimentary annual family conference registration fees for individuals with MPS or ML and discounted registration for all members
- Networking opportunities with researchers, physicians, families, board of directors and staff at the annual family conference
- Bereavement programs, including Angels Among Us memorial publication, biannual Celebrating Your Cherished Life Experience conference and the White Rose program
- Volunteer opportunities with board committee projects
- Training and resources to become an effective advocate at state and federal level
- Assistance with fundraising efforts from the development director and fundraising committee, including access to online fundraising toolkit
- Voting privileges for the annual board of directors election
- Access to our physicians database – a searchable resource to find physicians who have experience with MPS and ML
Several families have volunteered to publicize their personal e-mail addresses for private conversations with others who want to learn more about raising children with MPS and ML. If you would like to add your name to this list, contact us.