May is a very special month for the National MPS Society. The Society and its members celebrate International MPS Awareness Day on May 15 and on that day we:
- Honor everyone in the MPS and ML community
- Recognize all the children and adults diagnosed with MPS and ML
- Think about the loved ones we have lost
- Thank the doctors and scientists who are dedicated to finding cures for MPS and ML
- Remember one another, and are thankful for the strength and support we both give and receive
- Acknowledge the parents, siblings, and caregivers who work tirelessly to support those with MPS and ML
While every day is an opportunity to grow awareness, we are creating initiatives that we hope you will share with others
Sharing Your Own “Day in the Life” Story:
May 1 – May 15 – Join the Society on social media to share your story.
A Day of Awareness and Sharing
May 15 – Join families and individuals as they share their stories and honor those that have passed. Help us drive awareness around the world.
The National MPS Society Goes to Washington:
May 18 – The Dare to Be Different Gala and Auction at the Mansion on O Street
May 20 – Capitol Hill visits to advocate for MPS and ML awareness and funding
Create awareness on social media:
#mpsawareness – Share the hashtag and photos on your social media posts
@mpssociety – Tag the National MPS Society!
Follow along with the Calendar!
We have provided awareness ideas with the calendar you can see here!
One response to “International MPS Awareness Day”