Join the National MPS Society for a virtual bake-off and bake sale this fall! Take advantage of this unique time at home to raise awareness and funds for MPS and ML. Come together with your family to create treats from your favorite recipes and share them with your friends and neighbors!
Three easy steps to participate:
Sign up below for the Bake Off. Enter your favorite recipe in one of four categories: Breads, Cakes, Cookies, or Pies.
Create your Big Bake fundraiser page and/or make a Big Bake donation to the National MPS Society.
Grab the family, dust off that apron and start baking! See below for further details.
Participating in the Bake Off:
October 30 – November 7
During this week:
- Bake your favorite cookie, pie, cake, or bread
- Take a photo and video of your creation. Be sure to include a 360-degree view and a visual of it being cut into or broken in half.
- Send photo and video to kate[email protected].
- Share your creations on social media using the hashtag #mpsbakeoff
- Attend our baking class on Zoom on Saturday, November 7th, where the winners will be announced!
A team of culinary judges will select a winner from each category. Entries will be judged on color, shape, presentation, and consistency.
Participating in the Bake Sale:
We know that hosting a bake sale during COVID-19 can be challenging. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Box up the secret ingredients for your favorite recipe and sell a kit!
- Host a cookie stand in your neighborhood. Make your treats easily accessible to your community. Use this opportunity to teach your neighbors about MPS and ML!
- Advertise your bake sale on social media. Offer safe drop-offs to friends and families. Leave your treats at their doorstep!
- Share your excitement and time in the kitchen on social media! Utilize Facebook and Instagram to fundraise for the Society and share photos and videos.
We’ll compile all recipes from this event and make a cookbook available for purchase in December.
All donations from this event will directly support programs at the National MPS Society.