The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has a site that provides answers to many of the questions you may have about a clinical trial:
• What are clinical trials and why do people participate?
• What is clinical research?
• Who participates in clinical trials?
• What do I need to know if I am thinking about participating?
• What questions should I ask if offered a clinical trial?
• How am I protected?
• What happens after a clinical trial is completed?
• How does the outcome of clinical research make a difference?
To learn more about clinical trials and to search for clinical trials specific to your disease visit clinicaltrials.gov.