The National MPS Society is seeking to fund research projects that would be likely to generate strong preliminary data for major funding in the following areas (special consideration will be given to new investigators):
1. The support of basic or clinical research for MPS II – One (1) $90,000 two year grant: $45,000 awarded in 2012 and in $45,000 in 2013
2. The support of basic or clinical research for MPS IV – One (1) $80,000 grant: $40,000 awarded in 2012 and $40,000 in 2013
The Society is also offering an MPS III Grand Challenge Grant, to support an MPS III clinical trial, or to study either a therapy or a biomarker that has passed the proof of concept stage but requires further pre-clinical or clinical testing. Biomarkers must be potentially useful in monitoring the therapeutic response in the central nervous system in clinical trials. Proposals for therapies or biomarkers for other MPS and related diseases will be considered, provided they are applicable to MPS III.
- MPS III Grand Challenge Grant with support from Team Sanfilippo – One (1) $235,000 grant: one year
- Three pages maximum:
- two pages summarizing in a concise manner your specific aims
- one page preliminary budget
- Do not describe the MPS diseases
- Include your name and institution on the right hand corner of each page
Please e-mail a two-page Letter of Intent summarizing the project and a one-page preliminary budget no later than March 15, 2012 to Barbara Wedehase, Executive Director: email@example.com
Successful candidates will be invited to submit full proposals for a May 1, 2012 deadline; funding will begin July 1, 2012. Grants and fellowships from the National MPS Society are provided to qualified medical researchers for the purpose of promoting medical research in the fields of MPS and related diseases. No institution overhead or other indirect costs will be paid and shall not be included as part of any grant request. There are no restrictions on citizenship, residency or location of research project.
For additional information contact:
Barbara Wedehase, Executive Director
National MPS Society, PO Box 14686, Durham, NC 27709-4686